The Meridian Community College Department of Housing and Residence Life hereby commits to establish an educational culture in which ethnic variety of all members is recognized as an asset. We will strive to promote the celebration of uniqueness that each student brings to this institution. Our goal is to create a positive interactive-learning environment for all students. As a team, we will share experiences, respect and nurture one another. As individuals, we will learn more about ourselves. Staff members will also embrace diversity, personal growth, academic success and respect for oneself, each other and the campus environment. The Department of Housing and Residence Life will strive to create a healthy, safe and interactive environment for the residential community.
The mission of the office of housing and residence life is to provide a residential experience which supports the academic mission of MCC and extends the student’s education beyond the classroom. To meet our mission, we perform the following basic functions within the housing and residence life area:
- Provide affordable, safe, secure, clean accommodations that are conductive to learning.
- Provide efficient, cost-effective room assignments and administrative services.
- Provide and actively recruit student participation in experiences to assist new students in their transition to MCC.
- Provide and actively recruit student participation in experience to facilitate their individual development as a total person.
- Establish guidelines that provide structure for compatible and cooperative community living.
- Provide and actively recruit student participation in community development.
- Provide and actively recruit student participation in interpersonal experiences to increase understanding of diversity.
- Provide students with the opportunity for participation in leadership, recreational, personal, social, physical and ethical development activities.
Thornton Hall features two-bedroom suites on two floors. Also located on the MCC Campus, Thornton Hall has its own parking lot, laundry room, vending machines, televisions in the lobby and area for studying.