MCC Campus Police Officers provide support for the students, faculty, staff,
and guests on our campus.
Their duties are to:
Provide a safe environment for our community
Ensure a professional workplace
Promote a high quality learning environment
Campus Safety Precautions
Common sense is the most valuable tool for most safety situations. To promote a safer, more secure campus, the campus community should remember:
- Carry your Meridian Community College ID while on campus.
- Be alert to any unusual or suspicious individuals or circumstances on campus and report it to the Campus Police Department at x620.
- Remember that Campus Police patrol the grounds, parking lots, residence halls and all academic buildings.
Meridian Community College is a small community. If you notice a situation or individual that seems unusual or out of place, please report it to the Campus Police.
Emergency Planning and Communications
- In the event of an emergency, the Campus Police Department would respond in accordance with directions from state and local emergency agencies. Should a directive to evacuate either a building or the campus be received, the College will work with state and local officials to implement contingency plans to safeguard all its students and employees.
- Emergency communications from the College will be distributed through the following methods:
- Staff/Faculty Announcements
- Campus wide email
- Flyers or signs