Procedures and Rules
- All students who test at the eLearning Center must present proper identification (MCC ID for MCC students or student ID/drivers license for non-MCC students).
- All students must sign in when entering and exiting the Assessment Center.
- In order to ensure a student has adequate time to complete his or her proctored exam, the Holladay Center for eLearning will not administer any tests 45 minutes prior to closing. Anyone who arrives at the center after this time will not be tested and will be required to make a new appointment.
- The eLearning Center will close at the regularly scheduled and posted times. Students must submit exams by the scheduled closing time.
- The following items are NOT allowed either in the eLearning Center or near the testing computers:
- Hats-(male and female) hats must be left in the designated area
- Electronic Equipment-All electronic equipment (including but not limited to) cell phones, iPods, MP3 players, tablets, laptops, CDs, DVDs, Flash Drives, etc. must be left in the designated area. They are not permitted at the computer.
- Food and Drinks
- Books/Notes/Note Cards/Use of any other website besides the exam site
- Children are not allowed to be in the testing lab or lobby at any time.
Scheduling a Proctored Exam
The Holladay Center for eLearning provides free test proctoring services for students who are enrolled in MCC and/or MSVCC courses. If a student choose to test virtually through our virtually proctoring vender, a fee will be assessed for the service. All virtual proctoring fees are the responsibility of the student.
All proctored exams appointments will be scheduled through SmarterProctoring. SmarterProctoring is located in the left-hand menu of your Canvas course. View the Smarter Proctoring guide for scheduling assistance. If you have questions about scheduling an appointment, you may contact the Holladay Center for eLearning at 601-484-8669 or email@example.com during our hours of operation.
Schedule an eLearning Exam with an Off-Campus Proctor
If your desired testing location is not listed in SmarterProctoring, you may request for that location to be added to the list of approved testing locations.
PLEASE NOTE - Off campus testing is only permitted at an approved testing center. Usual locations are a local university or college campus testing center, a Military BASE/SHIP Educational Assistance Office, or a Sylvan or Prometric testing center. All other locations will not be approved. If a student choose to test at an off campus location, proctoring fees could be incurred. All proctoring fees are the responsibility of the student. Please contact the Office of eLearning at 601-484-8669 or firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about Off-Campus Proctoring.
- Download the Off Campus Proctor Form, complete and return. All requested information should accompany the return.
- All request must be received at least two weeks before your first exam.
- Any fees charged by Off-Campus Proctoring sites are the responsibility of the student