Meridian Community College, in connection with the Mississippi Virtual Community College System, is excited to announce Canvas as its new learning management system. Canvas will replace Blackboard for distance education activities and course content. All courses currently hosted in Blackboard will migrate to Canvas effective Summer 2013.
Why the move to Canvas?
Our contract with Blackboard was set to expire in Summer of 2013. We wanted to ensure we were providing the best product to aid and enhance the learning experience. The MSVCC consortium put out a request for proposals for a new system. After using specific criteria to evaluate several different platforms, Instructure’s Canvas was selected by the consortium as the new system.
Canvas offers exciting features, such as:
• Clean, intuitive user interface, featuring drag and drop usability throughout.
• Notification options for faculty and students using Facebook, Twitter, text message and more.
• Significantly faster tools for grading.
• Wikis, RSS feeds, web conferencing integrations and more.
• Integration with Google docs.
• And much more.
What does this mean for me?
Simply put, it means change, but many resources will be made available to make the transition to Canvas easier.
To find out more information about the move to Canvas and how it will affect you, click on one of the links below for more information.